A Security Solution to Protect our Customers
Although banks take various measures to protect you against fraudulent identity and account access, one of the biggest risks is actually the computer used to conduct business with the bank. We want you to feel as comfortable banking with us online as you do in our Banking Centers.
First United Bank offers Trusteer Rapport software as a free download for our online banking customers.
What is Trusteer Rapport?
Trusteer Rapport is a lightweight security software designed to protect personally identifiable information such as online credentials from theft by malware or via phishing attacks. Rapport takes only a few minutes to download and will only take up the space of a single picture on your computer.
- Keep your computer clean of man-in-the-browser malware
- Verify you are using the real First United Bank website
- Protect personal login credentials and payment card data
- Notify the Bank of threat activity to your account
- Work with your current security software
What’s at Stake?
The top two fraud threats identified by the FDIC are malware and phishing attacks. Corporate bank accounts are especially sensitive targets and are increasingly being attacked by fraudsters. Criminals can transfer money out of corporate accounts if they manage to access them, which is not difficult to do today. Inevitably, managers of corporate accounts online have the responsibility of keeping them fraud-free, a task that becomes increasingly difficult as cyber criminals become more sophisticated.
To download Trusteer Rapport:
- Visit https://www.ibm.com/security/trusteer/landing-page/firstunited-retail/ to being the download.
- Click the Download Rapport Now button to install the software on your computer.
- Follow the download instructions when prompted. There is no need to restart your computer when the download process is complete.
Having trouble with the download? Installation demonstrations can be viewed here.
Once the software is installed:
- A small green icon will appear next to your browser’s address bar. This icon is green when you are using a website that is protected by Rapport, and grey when you are using a website that is not protected with Rapport.
- When you first login to your online bank account you will see a message asking you to approve the protection of your online banking login information.
- Once the message is approved, Rapport will begin working silently in the background – you will only be notified by the software if a security risk is identified.
Malicious software that is automatically and silently downloaded onto the computer when browsing the Internet. Malware silently captures login information and transfers it to criminals as log-in is performed. It is also capable of silently changing the transactions executed as directed by criminals.
When cyber criminals build fake websites that look very similar to your bank’s website. They do this to lure you into visiting these fake websites and submitting your online banking login information. This data is later used to access your online bank account.