If you’re looking for a safe and convenient way to enjoy FDIC insurance on deposit amounts larger than the standard FDIC maximum, these programs might be the best choice for you. You will be able to work with one bank yet receive the insurance benefits from many.
Easy access to multi-million dollar FDIC protection.
First United Bank transactional account required.
Interest compounds daily.
Interest added to principle or deposited into another First United demand deposit account.
IntraFi Network Deposits-CD Option accounts choose rates and maturity that best match your goals.
IntraFi Network Deposits accounts enjoy as many withdrawals as you need while still gaining interest.
Accounts Placed Through IntraFi Network Deposits Offer:
- Access to multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance.¹
- The ease of working through one trusted relationship, earning one rate per maturity, and receiving consolidated statements.
- Possible relief from ongoing collateralization – since IntraFi Network Deposits are eligible for FDIC protection, you may not need to perform the time-consuming tasks of continually collateralizing your deposits and tracking changing collateral values on a recurring basis.²
- The power of daily compounding.
- The ability to have your funds available to support lending initiatives, including special development projects that strengthen your local community.³
Here’s How IntraFI Network Deposits Works:
- You enter into one agreement with First United Bank.
- For IntraFi Netowrk Deposits, select your demand deposit account and enjoy unlimited withdrawals.
- For IntraFi Network Deposits-CD Option, based on our current CD options, you select a rate and maturity that best match your investment goals.
- You deposit funds and, using IntraFi Network Deposits, we submit them for placement at member banks.
- The funds are placed in demand deposit accounts or CDs at multiple banks in denominations under the FDIC maximum. As a result, you can access FDIC insurance coverage from many institutions while working directly with just one.
- You receive written confirmation of your deposits and a listing of all your accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Learn more about IntraFi Network Deposits from our list of frequently asked questions:
1 – Limits apply. Funds may be submitted for placement only after an investor enters into a IntraFi Network Deposit Placement Agreement with our bank. This agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds.
2 – If an investor is subject to restrictions with respect to the placement of funds in depository institutions, it is the responsibility of the investor to determine whether the placement of the investor’s funds through IntraFi Network Deposits or a particular transaction satisfies those restrictions.
3 – Because deposited funds are exchanged on a dollar-for-dollar basis with other banks in the IntraFi Network, our bank can use the full amount of a deposit placed through IntraFi Network Deposits for local lending, satisfying some investors’ local investment goals/mandates. Alternatively, with an investor’s consent, our bank may choose to receive fee income instead of deposits from other banks. Under these circumstances, deposited funds would not be available for local lending.
Placements of your funds through the IntraFi Network Deposits service is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures set forth in the agreements you enter into with us, including the applicable Deposit Placement Agreement. Limits apply, and customer eligibility criteria may apply. If a depositor is subject to the restrictions with respect to the placement of funds in depository institutions, it is the responsibility of the depositor to determine whether the placement of the depositor’s funds through IntraFi Network Deposits, or a particular transaction, satisfies those restrictions.