May 6, 2020
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 10 and you still have time to think of a creative way to celebrate your mom, even if the coronavirus is keeping you from celebrating WITH her. Mothers and mother-figures play such a special role in our lives and although they deserve recognition every day, they especially deserve it on Mother’s Day! Whether you’re celebrating your mom, an aunt, a sister, or a friend—here are a few ways you can honor her during these unique times.
- Have flowers delivered from a local shop. If there are no local flower shops available to deliver, you can order from sites like 1-800-Flowers, Farmgirl Flowers, or UrbanStems.
- Get her a digital photo frame! Digital frames are a great choice because your whole family can upload photos to it—from anywhere! You can get one from Bed Bath and Beyond for less than $100.
- Host a family zoom get-together. You can still have your annual Mother’s Day brunch, lunch, dinner, etc.—just from afar this year.
- Mail her a box full of her favorite things. Bath salts, hand lotion, nail polish, her favorite chocolate, lip balm and snacks all make for a great gift basket.
- Send her a hand written letter or card to tell her how much she means to you.
- Pay for a few months of a fun subscription. There are subscription services available for just about anything mom might like! Wine, popcorn, greeting cards, beauty/skin care, and meal kits are just a few of the most popular ideas.
When all else fails—just call her! What mom doesn’t want their kids to pick up the phone just to chat? Make sure that your mom or mother figure feels your love and appreciation even from afar.
“All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.” – Abraham Lincoln