Welcome to First United Bank’s Spirit of Adventure!
We created the Spirit of Adventure program just for kids like you! West Texas is a great place to live and it’s important to experience the unique parts of our communities that help make them so special. By visiting the different Adventures that we’ve included in this program, you will expand your knowledge, become an active member of your community, AND have lots of fun! What a great way to spend your summer!
How It Works:
We’ve gathered up a bunch of cool places for you to visit like local museums, art exhibits, amusement parks and educational facilities within your community. Each of these locations is a great place for you and your family to have fun without spending all of your allowance.
Below you will find Adventure Maps with some of our favorite locations. Ask a parent, or another trusted adult to help you download your Map by clicking the 'Start My Adventure' button. You can get a digital version of the map to save, or just come back to this page as you make your way through your adventure list.
Use your Spirit of Adventure Map to begin exploring. Ask your parent, or another trusted adult to take your picture during your Adventures and share them with us by:
- Posting them on social media using #TheSpiritofAdventure
- eMailing them to marketing@FirstUnited.net
To get the full Spirit of Adventure experience we encourage you to visit every location on the Map, but you can choose which Adventures are right for you.
Let's start our Adventure!
Please check each location’s hours of operation before going on your adventure. We’ve linked them below for you.
- Wonderland Amusement Park - 2601 Dumas Dr.
- Don Harrington Discovery Center/Helium Time Columns Monument - 1200 Streit Dr.
- American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum - 2601 E I-40
- Amarillo Zoo - 700 Comanchero Trail
- Amarillo Botanical Gardens - 1400 Streit Dr.
- Amarillo Historical Museum - 1612 S. Johnson St.
- Canyon Aqua Park - 1900 12th Ave., Canyon
- Amarillo Museum of Art - 2200 S. Van Buren St.
- Texas Air & Space Museum - 10001 American Dr.
- Tex Randall Statue - 1400 N 3rd Ave., Canyon
- Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum - 2503 4th Ave, Canyon
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park - 11450 State Hwy Park Rd 5, Canyon
- Texas Tech Public Art Tour/Library – 1508 Knoxville Ave.
- National Ranching Heritage Center - 3121 4th St.
- Sun N Fun - 6204 Elgin Ave.
- Silent Wings Museum - 6202 N. I-27
- American Wind Power Center - 1701 Canyon Lake Dr.
- Lubbock Lake Landmark - 2401 Landmark Dr.
- Science Spectrum/Omnimax - 2579 S. Loop 289
- Museum of Texas Tech University/Moody Planetarium - 3301 4th St.
- LHUCA/First Friday Art Trail - 511 Ave K.
- Buddy Holly Center - 1801 Crickets Ave.
- Bayer Museum of Agriculture - 1121 Canyon Lake Dr.
- Joyland Amusement Park - 500 Canyon Lake Dr.
Follow others' adventures and send us photos of yours today!