Welcome to First United Bank’s Spirit of Adventure!
We created the Spirit of Adventure program just for kids like you! West Texas is a great place to live and it’s important to experience the unique parts of our communities that help make them so special. By visiting the different Adventures that we’ve included in this program, you will expand your knowledge, become an active member of your community, AND have lots of fun! What a great way to spend your summer!
How It Works:
We’ve gathered up a bunch of cool places for you to visit like local museums, art exhibits, amusement parks and educational facilities within your community. Each of these locations is a great place for you and your family to have fun without spending all of your allowance.
Below you will find Adventure Maps with some of our favorite locations. Ask a parent, or another trusted adult to help you download your Map by clicking the 'Start My Adventure' button. You can get a digital version of the map to save, or just come back to this page as you make your way through your adventure list.
Use your Spirit of Adventure Map to begin exploring. Ask your parent, or another trusted adult to take your picture during your Adventures and share them with us by:
- Posting them on social media using #TheSpiritofAdventure
- eMailing them to marketing@FirstUnited.net
To get the full Spirit of Adventure experience we encourage you to visit every location on the Map, but you can choose which Adventures are right for you.
Let's start our Adventure!
Complete the form below to download a printable version of the map.
Please check each location’s hours of operation before going on your adventure. We’ve linked them below for you.
- Wonderland Amusement Park - 2601 Dumas Dr. - Family Amusement Park
- Don Harrington Discovery Center/Helium Time Columns Monument - 1200 Streit Dr. - Interactive exhibits making science and space exciting to all ages.
- American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum - 2601 E I-40 - Showcases the history and modern activities of the world’s most popular breed of horse.
- Amarillo Zoo - 700 Comanchero Trail
- Amarillo Botanical Gardens -1400 Streit Dr.
- Amarillo Historical Museum - 1612 S. Johnson St. - A historic look at the Amarillo area’s foundation.
- Canyon Aqua Park - 1900 12th Ave., Canyon - Water park for children of all ages.
- Amarillo Museum of Art - 2200 S. Van Buren St. - Brings art exhibitions, education and collections to Amarillo.
- Texas Air & Space Museum - 10001 American Dr.
- Tex Randall Statue - 1400 N 3rd Ave., Canyon - Texas’ Biggest Texan
- Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum - 2503 4th Ave, Canyon - Presents the historical, ethnological, cultural, and scientific history of the Panhandle Plains Region.
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park - 11450 State Hwy Park Rd 5, Canyon
- Cadillac Ranch - 13651 I-40 Frontage Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124
- Texas Tech Public Art Tour – 1508 Knoxville – Grab a free copy of the art booklet here or download the app, ArTTrek, to start exploring the many art pieces on the TTU campus.
- National Ranching Heritage Center - 3121 4th St. - Take a walk at your own pace to discover traditional ranching life in West Texas.
- Sun N Fun - 6204 Elgin Ave. - Outdoor aquatic center for children of all ages.
- Silent Wings Museum - 6202 N. I-27 - View planes, weapons and missions of World War 2.
- American Wind Power Center - 1701 Canyon Lake Dr. - View more than 160 American style windmills and learn about the American Wind Power Center.
- Lubbock Lake Landmark - 2401 Landmark Dr. - Lubbock Lake Landmark is an archaeological and natural history preserve.
- Science Spectrum/Omnimax - 2579 S. Loop 289 - Education hub with science and technology exhibits, classes, an aquarium and an Omni Movie Screen.
- Museum of Texas Tech University/Moody Planetarium - 3301 4th St. - A mix of fine arts, cultural artifacts and natural science.
- LHUCA/First Friday Art Trail - 511 Ave K. - A place for presenting visual, performing and literary arts for adults and children.
- Buddy Holly Center - 1801 Crickets Ave. - Preserves and collects the legacy of Buddy Holly and the music of Lubbock and West Texas.
- FiberMax Center for Discovery - 1121 Canyon Lake Dr.- Interactive agricultural history museum.
- Joyland Amusement Park - 500 Canyon Lake Dr. - Family Amusement Park
Follow others' adventures and send us photos of yours today!