November 29, 2021
At First United Bank the Spirit of Giving started with our founder, Ray M. Bain, and is part of our culture. With our Founder and our love for our fellow West Texans in mind, the Spirit of Generosity project was born in 2014 and over the years our STARS have impacted countless people, in countless ways, in 11 West Texas communities. We’ve seen the impact a little generosity can have, and the many forms it can take, and we encourage our customers, friends and neighbors to join us in sharing the Spirit of Generosity.
However, we know that for many, the holidays can be a stressful time and money is tight. But there are so many creative ways to Share the Spirit while staying within a budget! Here are a few ways you can join us as we Give, Serve and Unite this Christmas season without breaking the bank.
- Instead of going out for a fancy dinner, treat your friends or family to a home-cooked meal.
- Pay someone a sincere compliment.
- Shovel your neighbor’s sidewalk or rake their leaves.
- Call a family member just to chat.
- Take a minute to leave a rave review online for a small business that you love.
- Write a Thank You note to your mail carrier—it’s cold out there!
- Know parents who could use a night out? Offer to baby sit for free.
- Offer to run an errand for a family member or friend who you know is busy.
- Give up a good parking spot for someone else—it’ll make their day!
- Really listen when someone else is speaking.
- Visit a local nursing home and play games with the residents.
- Be mindful of speaking positively all day, in person and online. It will impact more people than you think!
- Serve in your church or volunteer at a local non-profit organization.
- Make homemade treats for your co-workers.
- Donate blood to your local blood bank.
Generosity doesn’t have to mean a big fancy gift. Choose to be generous with your time. Choose to be generous with your patience. Choose to be generous with the words you speak. Kindness has a way of bringing people together, especially during Christmas. We hope you’ll join us as we unite in performing random acts of generosity to lift the spirits of our fellow West Texans. To learn more about our Spirit of Generosity project visit www.FirstUnited.BANK/Christmas.
“Whatever you give you will receive back many times over.” – Ray M. Bain