November 1, 2017
The Amarillo Area Foundation, First United Bank and United Supermarkets Bring ‘The Panhandle Gives’ Campaign to the Amarillo Area
– On November 28, 2017, nonprofit organizations, community centers, families and businesses will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate and encourage giving. The Amarillo Area Foundation, First United Bank and United Supermarkets have joined together to present ‘The Panhandle Gives.’ This is a local component of the global Giving Tuesday campaign, which focuses on 24-hours of celebrating and encouraging philanthropy, and bringing communities together to support charitable organizations and causes.
This year, over 50 local nonprofit organizations have signed on to participate in ‘The Panhandle Gives.’ To learn how you can give to a nonprofit organization that is important to you, and to view a list of participating nonprofits please visit www.thepanhandlegives.org
. In addition to online giving, those that wish to donate in person can do so at any First United Banking Center in Amarillo, as well as at the register of any of the United Supermarkets in Amarillo:
- The Colonies – 4501 First United Bank Pkwy, Amarillo, TX 79119
- Center City – 112 W 8th Ave, Ste 100, Amarillo, TX 79101
- Tradewind – 1900 SE 34th Ave, Ste 100, Amarillo, TX 79118
- At the registers of any United Supermarkets location in Amarillo
“We’re excited to be a part of ‘The Panhandle Gives’ this year,” said First United Bank Amarillo Market President, Scott Bentley. “This year our goal is to raise awareness of the campaign, and to help rally our community behind the idea of coming together to celebrate giving and to support the hard-working nonprofits we have in the Amarillo Area.”
On the global scale, millions of people in over 98 countries participate in Giving Tuesday. Held on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving—Giving Tuesday is a day to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity while kicking off the giving season. The campaign is meant to bring the community together, and inspire people to take collaborative action to improve their communities and to give back to the organizations and causes they support. To learn more about the global campaign, please visit www.givingtuesday.org
To stay up to date with ‘The Panhandle Gives’ campaign, please connect with First United Bank on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and with the Amarillo Area Foundation on Facebook.
ABOUT FIRST UNITED BANK & PLAINS BANCORP, INC.
First United Bank, a subsidiary of Plains Bancorp, Inc., reports total assets of nearly $1.2 billion and currently operates 15 Banking Center offices in 11 West Texas communities; Amarillo, Canyon, Dimmitt, Earth, Lamesa, Littlefield, Lubbock, Seagraves, Seminole, Sudan, and Wichita Falls, Texas. First United Bank currently has more than 250 dedicated, community-oriented employees.